[pct-l] water filters....

I experimented with chemical treatment on my long hike this year. I used
iodine with a nuetralizer. I was surprised how good the water tasted and
how easy it was to use. The strongest selling point for me was the
weight. The weight to purify 75 quarts was less than an ounce, compared
with about a pound for most filters. It actually costs more than using a
filter, but it is worth it not to have to carry a filter.

I have a Pur Hiker that has worked pretty good for me for several years.

Tom in Sacramento