Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 13:27:14 EDT
From: Hiker97@aol.com
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Subject: [pct-l] New System

Well, I have a new weird lightweight backpack system that seems to work
well.  I bought the REI Full Skinny fanny pack and wear my GoLite pack on
top of it.  The GoLite does not need a waist belt with this system, since it
is "sitting" mostly on the fanny pack.  The Full Skinny is very large with a
super waist belt. This weird configuration seems to do the job.  I use the
Dana Designs Wet Rib in front on the GoLite shoulder straps for the water
bottle and miscellaneous items.  Also, I use the Kelty waist belt buckle pad
on the Full Skinny's waist belt for extra efficiency

I have never heard of anyone using this type of setup.  Maybe there is a
reason for that.  I will call it the "Switchback System" until I gearhead up
something else.  Happy trails, Switchback