[pct-l] re: mandatory bear canisters

My experience of 25+ summers' hiking in the Sierra has shown me:

1. No bear has attempted to take food from me while hiking with food in my
backpack.
2. If I sat with pack on, bears did not regard my pack as something to
consider food.
3. Lying down with pack on didn't give them any more encouragement.
4. If I crawled inside a tent, still with pack on, this did not give them any
less regard for me than either 1, 2, or 3 above.

Am I missing something that others are alarmed about ?