[pct-l] drinking with the enemy

O.K., now I'm really torn between horse lovers and horse haters. Last night
some members of my outdoor club met with some local packers at a local bar.
The reason? To coordinate an upcoming trail maintenance project in the
Olympics. We have volunteered to do the maintenance and they have volunteered
to carry our tools in for us. Since the maintenance doesn't start until we
are 8 miles down the trail, we would get very little accomplished without
their help. They also volunteered to donate gear to set up a first rate
kitchen for use including a table and chairs and to haul in all kinds of good
food like bacon and eggs. This action kinda puts them on my good side so how
do I approach them as to the negative impacts that many on this list feel
outweigh their generosity? I should add that the Park Service has rated each
trail in the Olympics for stock use and stock is not allowed on sensitive
trails even for trail maintenance purposes. The people I drank with last
night fully support this policy.