[pct-l] Bummed!!

Thanks. Those are good ideas, but won't work this time. It's a marriage
trade-off thing. If I agree to sell the house and move to Seattle, husband
agrees to let me take two years off work and get some serious hiking in. Besides
it seems like a good time to get out of debt what with the economic silly
season.

My friends and family are all breathing a sigh of relief. They were convinced I
would fall down a crevasse, break a leg, be eaten by bears, and accosted by
unfriendly locals - all in the first week. I'm torn between amusement and anger
- I've got a lot of solo backcountry experience; enough common sense; and I've
done a lot of PCT specific research. Do guys going solo get this response, or is
a girl thing?

Oh well, more time to field test gear and "lighten" the backpacker. All the snow
we're getting in MI is giving me some great back yard gear tests.

Katt

MountainDave wrote