Re: [pct-l] 9 pound pack

>From: "Carl Siechert" <csiechert@hotmail.com>
In
>actual practice, do you have any difficulty finding a suitable location to
>hang the thing on High Sierra hikes?
>
>TIA,
>Carl

Actually, I don't do High Sierra hikes, at least not yet. Just joined out of
interest on a possible thru. I do most of mine in the Utah or Texas area or
the AT. From experience in the slick rock country you can use a hammock any
place you can tie off. It can be rocks, trees, boulders, drop offs, or any
combination there of. Tom Hennessy and I have even talked about two skis,
snow bags, and a shallow depression of use in snow. Gonna play with that one
this winter.
Jerry

BTW we will be testing 6 of Hennessy Hammocks new Ultralite Backpacker
hammocks (1.5 pounds complete) on BackpackingGearTest. Applications for
testers will be taken from the listers starting next week. Start testing in
about 2-3 weeks. The hammocks will be provided free by Hennessy and become
property of the testers after completion of the required three reports.