Re: [pct-l] water stashes

Karen,

Good comments. However, I don't get it.  On the one hand you say you used
some of the water stashed by others and greatly appreciated it and then on
the other hand you say that people should be better informed and have to
tough it out to harden their experiences for future reference on the trail.
So "gosh it was nice, but don't leave any out for the people behind me, it
might make them soft."  Huh?

All trail angels are well intentioned and yet could be looked upon in this
warped light.  Gee, all of you trail angels, don't give out any hospitality
to any future PCT'ers, you might make them too soft to handle the challenges
coming up!  Come on, Karen, you're not that purist are you?

If any of you prospective PCT'ers out there are with Karen's thinking then
just pass all of the hospitality up that comes your way along the trail and
say "no thanks, I'm trying to do this all on my own".  Well now, if you are,
in fact, trying to do it all by yourself, then stop listening to this list
because you might get some good advice that might prevent you from
experiencing some terrible thing that would detract from your pure experience!

(Karen, the sarcastic tone here isn't meant to sound demeaning to you
personally.  Please don't take offense to these comments.)

The southern PCT support team is considering restructuring how we do things
next year.  But, be certain of two things: 1) There will definitely be a 3rd
Annual Day Zero PCT Kick Off and 2) Water will be stashed again.

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel