Re:[pct-l] RE: pct-l-digest V1 #1134

On Tue, 16 May 2000 08:44:38 -0700 Tom Simon <simontom@cgocable.net> wrote:
>Regarding Jerry Goller's question about if the fruit-roll-up style
>dehydrated spaghetti sauce will last for a month as he would like
You'll have to dry it out past the stage of being a roll-up. It
>may not rehydrate as well, so give it a try at home first

It will be for general use, so I don't yet know the conditions. I dry a thin spread, after runnin it throug a blender, until it is completely hard. Then I run it back though the blender. It comes out powder. It reconstitutes almost instantly in boiling water and, although it sometimes tastes differently, it is very good.
I'm mostly worried about the hamburger. I dry it rock hard, and it will be individually vacuum packed.

Sign-UP for your FREE Backpacker Email at http://www.backpacker.com/email
P.S. Click here to get a FREE trial issue of BACKPACKER:  http://www.backpacker.com/subs/home.rhtml/I9KF001