[pct-l] RE: pct-l-digest V1 #1134

Regarding Jerry Goller's question about if the fruit-roll-up style
dehydrated spaghetti sauce will last for a month as he would like, or
regarding how long it will last - I hesitate to say. This is because it
depends on so much. Are you going to hike in the cool Sierra where the
temperatures go to around 65 max and are around freezing in the morning
(there is apparently no bacteria in the air over 10,000 ft). Or are you
sloshing along the humid AT in 105 degree heat? All I can say is a month is
pushing it. You'll have to dry it out past the stage of being a roll-up. It
may not rehydrate as well, so give it a try at home first. Thanks for the
trail Chili recipe. Beef Jerky is made much the same way.