[pct-l] Good Luck 2000

Here in Oregon the snow is melting back quickly.  I just finished
leading two trail maintenance crews on the Oregon and Washington side of
the Columbia Gorge and the blow down has been very light.  In fact,
today I did the Oregon side and NOT ONE blowdown (a first for me).  I
had to take out an old blowdown that had crept back onto the edge of the
trail just to give my saw a workout!

I remember my first night camped outside of Campo trying to imagine what
the trail would be like, try to get the whole thing into a visual
picture at the same time.  I got a jagged black, mountainous profile.
Today all that blackness is filled in with wonderful memories in bright
colors.  To the class of 2000 thru hikers, Good Luck!

Steve Queen
PCT '81

P.S.  Remember, ALDHA-West is having its annual Gathering, September
29 to October 2 at Mazama Lodge on Mount Hood.  I look forward to
seeing you there.