Re: [ft-l] Joan Hobson's Year 2000 Thru-Hike

In a message dated 10/5/99 5:05:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, fbt@iag.net
writes:

<<
 me ASAP.  I am currently working on a CGI/Perl program which will allow the
 transcriber to add to each journal section online without having to know any
 "complicated stuff".

Jeff, Dan Smith of the team of Dan Smith & Karen Berger who have written a
number of hiking books, is supposed to be doing a good bit of the FT this
year.  Jon & I are going to see him at ALDHA (Appalachian Long Distance
Hikers Association) this weekend in Hanover, New Hampshire.  He is definitely
planning to do some writing, but I think he meant the kind you can sell to
magazines.  I'll check it out and make the offer on your behalf if you are
accepting journals of long distance hikes which are not thrus.  (Or maybe he
is going to try a thru; I'll see if I can find out.)

Joan
bluetrail@aol.com