[ft-l] yes.....& then again, no

> Is there an FT state policy about dogs on hikes?
>I welcome all opinions, facts, and random thoughts.
>
>Joan

i think that it is the leader's call when the trails are open
to dogs but they are supposed to be off-limits on the FT.
i welcome WELL-BEHAVED dogs on my hikes if the trail
IS open to dogs (such as San Felasco State Preserve
here in gainesville). i've even published & led short, shady
summer afternoon "dog walks".  we all had a good hike
including the fur-faced ones who cooled off in the creek.

--sunshine*daydreams--