Re: [ft-l] FT Hikes & Dogs

I don't know if Fla Trail has a policy concerning dogs on hikes, but I do
know that SWFWMD does not allow dogs in most of their recreational
properties. This includesCanal Park and Lake Tarpon Outfall Canal, Carlton
Tract, Cypress Creek, Flying Eagle, Green Swamp, Green Swamp West, Jack
Creek, Lake Manatee Lower Watershed, Lake Panasoffkee, Lower Hillsborough
Flood Detention Area, Panasoffkee Outlet Project, Potts Preserve, Tampa
Bypass Canal, Upper Hillsborough, and Upper Myakka River Watershed.
Generally, they allow dogs only in the urban area parks like Cliff
Stephens, etc and then on a leash.

Also, the ithlacoochee State Forest has some rules against dogs except
during certain parts of the hunting season in certain areas. In general, no
dogs.

- Carl