[ft-l] Backpacker website poll

My vote is no bikes on hiking trails.  I also agree with David and Kenneth
but would like to add that I have been hiking on footpath trails that have
been abused by bikers.  Bike use damages the trail and exposes tree roots
(sometimes quite extensively) which can make it difficult to walk, not to
mention the injury to plant life.  I realize that wilderness hiking trails
are not smooth and without obstacles.  I too own a bike but ride it only on
bike trails or roads.