[ft-l] Special Alert: Bush Administration Failing NationalParks

One of the axioms of management is that the attitude of the Leader is
transmitted by those who are under his or her supervision.  So if the attitude
exhibited is poor then a letter to the supervisor with a copy to someone higher in
the chain of command is a way of letting him know that attitude is dismal and
needs to be changed.

Perhaps some of these people have worked in Corrections or the Military where
attitude is pretty poor.  Now they think that the public is to be treated as
if they were perpetrators or underlings.  They are wrong and the only way to
correct this misapprehension is to write.

It takes effort to sit down and write.  The moment has passed.  Another park
can be utilized.  Why go through the bother?  Who will care, after all?  And
so the actions and attitudes of the rude are solidified.  NO!  Do not let this
happen!  WRITE!  Get the details, (names, badge numbers, time of day, date,
etc.) and put it down.  I even ask, "Who should I write to in order to make
suggestions for improvement in the park."  Get the brochure and then look up the
park on the Internet.  When you write ask for a reply.  Sometimes (if it is a
State Park) I write to the Governor and then the letter gets referred to the
Commissioner who oversees a particular area.  If a letter is written to the
President of the US or to a Cabinet member those particular people may not see it
but it does filter down to someone who is responsible.  Letters are effective.
 A letter with a cc to the local congress person indicates that others are
aware and therefore a response is more likely.

Write!

Jack