[ft-l] Special Alert: Bush Administration FailingNationalParks

Try this from Merriam-Webster:
propaganda:

2 : dissemination of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping
or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

This variety is definitely intended to injure your political opponents. And
isn't even true failing under Disraeli's second class of mistruths: "Damned
Lies"

Bryan

"Si vis pacem para bellum"