[ft-l] Special Alert: Bush Administration Failing NationalParks

If Privatization can lower the expenses of maintaining the park and forests
then what is wrong with that?  Many government agencies maintain their budgets
by asking for more and more each year without proper utilization of their
finances.  When I was in the U.S. Navy almost half a century ago the word was that
more money had to be asked for than what was asked for the previous year.
Any monies which had not been spent as the new fiscal year approached had to be
spent quickly (sometimes on items not even necessary) so that the upline
regulators would see that more money was needed for the next fiscal year.
Privatization, with proper supervision, can be made more efficient than governmental
agencies.

I would come to the conclusion that the Bush Administration is not failing
the NPS but, to the contrary, is making the NPS more efficient and is responsive
to the needs of the people of the United States.

I believe that this week the NY Times carried an article stating that the
current administration had provided some good guidance for National Parks and
National Forest entities.  Oh, to be sure, the NY Times gave the news that the
legislation and decision of the Administration included some possibilities of
new roads, etc., but these are valuable for fire fighting crews and can be
useful for maintenance crews.