[ft-l] Interesting Statistics abut Florida outdoor recreation

Boy did I stir up a hornet's nest.  Let me try to clarify on my original point
(which was not supposed to be perceived as an 'us vs. them' thing but apparently
I did not communicate that properly).  Here goes:

Hunters do contribute through their license fees, but the fact is that there are
fewer hunting licenses issued in Florida every year - the group is shrinking.
Wildlife watchers do pay their entrance and camping fees as well as other
general taxes (which everybody pays!) which directly fund FFWCC and other
oversight agencies, and they do place a lot of dollars into the general economy.
This group is growing - good economic and development planners should be paying
attention.

What I meant by my comment was that - at least here in Florida - the hunter
group, small as it is, is very active and vocal on issues that affect them.
Whenever I hear from other outdoors users about how "hunters always get their
way," I have to ask them, "ok, so when was the last time you spoke up on an
issue?  Short story:  if you want to have an effect, you have to make noise.

Hope this clears things up a bit...?
~Pam
Knowledge is Power