[ft-l] Pine Bark Beetle

Check out http://everest.ento.vt.edu/~salom/Hndbk575/575.html#Salvage
Removal
In there they say it depends on the number of trees infected, the number of
beetle-eating birds in the area and the time of year whether you can leave
the trees standing, leave the cut trees on the ground or should remove all
traces.

I also know that not only the infected trees but a buffer of good trees is
sometimes cut.  Could be the remains you see are uninfected trees from the
buffer zone.

Cricket