[ft-l] Robins, Robins, ROBINS!!!!

Yesterday (2/12) we went for an afternoon hike at the Lake Jessup Wilderness,
a Seminole County wilderness area of the Sanford side of Lake Jessup.  I have
never seen so many robins in one place in my entire life.  It was NOISY with
robins calling.  At every turn of the trail we flushed scores of robins out
in front of us.  I didn't see any other kind of bird.  Everytime we stopped
to look, the woods were full of flying robins.  The trees were full of
hopping robins.  Any birders on the list?  I know we can see robins year
round here in central FL, but this was like some kind of robin convention.
I've hiked this area before and seen a variety of birds, but this trail was
robin central yesterday.

Joan
bluetrail@aol.com