Re: [CDT-L] "The Great Divide" - semi-review

Back in 1988 we reviewed Pern's book.  We objected to his condescending
attitude -- "virtually everyone Pern meets is vulgar, deformed, humdrum,
stupid, greedy, paranoid, or otherwise disparaged."  We continued:  "If this
travel book lacks a companionable narrator, can it be recommended as a useful
how-to-do-it guide for planning a trip?  Again, we think not..."

Where the Waters Divide is superior in every way.

Jim Wolf