[CDT-L] Boundary trail at Yellowstone?

I'm planning  on getting my backcountry permit at the West enterance of
Yellowstone NP.

Then hike on the Boundary trail, down to the trail that leads to Summit
Lake.

Anyone familar with the West Boundary trail at Yellowstone NP?
 Will I have enough time, getting to the campsite at Summit Lake as a
first camp, as permits only issused up to 48 hours in advance?

Or, is trying to catch a ride to Old Faithful, then as my first
backcounty camp, one of sites a few miles southeast of there more
feasibile?

Any problem, also X-Countryin'  from Summit Lake to Grants Pass?

  []0  AT 87-88
  []|- FT 89
  []|  PCT 90-91
   /^\ NCT 92-95