[cdt-l] topo maps

I have the igage Utah maps, the TOPO! maps of Utah, Arizona, and Colorado,
and have used the maptrails BLM edition New Mexico.  The problem with igage
is that the route drawing tool is difficult to work with. Also, like
maptrails.com and topozone, they have only scanned two different scales of
maps.  There are no forest service maps (which are mighty handy for those
sections of trail with mazes of forest service roads).  Although I have
found the igage company to be extremely helpful and considerate of its
clientele, in my opinion it is simply an inferior product to TOPO! products
(which, although they consume more of your money, will consume a great deal
less of your time and patience).  The maptrails maps are nice, but the
features (GPS import/export, route tool, compass, waypoints) do not even
compare to the other two companies.

-soren

P.S. a fourth product to investigate is Maptech.  (www.maptech.com)