Re: [CDT-L] Hostels

>From: Chet J Fromm <trailblazer@juno.com>
>To: cdt-l@backcountry.net
>Subject: Re: [CDT-L] Hostels
>Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:09:37 -0400
>

>"Trevor Duncan" <duncantrevor@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> >I am wondering if there are any hostels in the towns near the  CDT.
>Also, are there any people offering shuttle service to the norethern
>terminus?
>
>Shuttle from where? At East Glacier, you can catch the jammer bus to
>Prince Edward Lodge.
>Hostels
>East Glacier MT
>Grand Lake CO
>Silverthorne    CO
>Cuba MN
>Grants MN
>Silver City MN

I don't think the Jammer runs in the early season when southbounders are
heading to the trailhead. Hitching is relatively easy in the park.

There was a hostel in Winter Park, but Roger Carpenter (I think it was him)
reported that it's closed. Roger, can you verify this?

The hostel in Cuba is way outside of town and off route from the trail.

Not sure of a hostel in Grants, but there are people in the area who are
taking in hikers.

Also, no hostel that I know of in Silver city, but the Fire Station # 2
allowed me and my partner to camp on their grounds.

The people of NM were exceptional.

David