Re: [CDT-L] Restricted Access in CO Nat'l Forests

Currently the White River National Forest is revising its management plan.
It's so controversial now that there are over 7 proposed plans. One of these
plans, dubbed I think "the common man's alternative" is supported by some
politician in Denver. It advocates high impact use (ATV's, snowmobiles,
etc.) of the forest as well as allows for additional ski area expansion and
arial tramways to link distant resorts.

Another plan calls for the abandonment of 15-20 miles of roads per year in
the NF. Also, it will expand the existing wilderness areas and could create
at least one new congressionally designated Wilderness Area near Redstone,
Colorado.

I've participated in the community outreach meetings hosted by the FS in
Redstone. It's extremely important if you have any interest in the future of
the White River NF to send your support in writing. All letters become part
of the record and official documentation used in the determination of the
management plan.