[at-l] The latest on NITEBEAR

>I'll take you message as jest and hope that is what you intended. Because
>by your logic I should never travel. At lest not on Christian religious
>holidays.

I was surprised to learn last nite that Irvin Berlin, who was jewish
wrote the most popular christmas song of all time.  White Christmas.

go figure.

My first post to the group BTW.

Ive been subscribing (and Still do) the other AT list and backpacking
light list  for some time.  Ive learned loads since last christmas
when i started studying this backpacking thing.

Todate, ive hiked 122 miles of the AT on 4 different weekends starting
on APRIL 1,99.  Did the approach and 12 miles at springer over the
weekend before thanks giving.  Have mostly hiked in the area around
damascus va.  Met Earl shafer at trail days in 99.

Nitebear,

Live Free or Die.

The summation of all the worlds wisdom:

THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH.