[at-l] Re: ponchos

That is what I use for hiking. The poncho is versatile, and has great
ventilation. Most of the time, I just do not wear the poncho and just get
wet. My rain gear usually consists of just a boonie hat.

One thing I found is that if I wear my pack over the poncho, and tie off
the corners, I can stop the poncho from flapping in the wind.

Do not personally use rain pants, but I do carry nylon wind pants. Only
wore those a handful of times while hiking, but they are great in camp
and for town use while doing laundry.