[at-l] 1999 in review...

> 1) What were some highlights and lowlights of your hiking in 1999?
 > highlights:

Doing another end to end hike of the Long Trail. Nice last hurrah for
Eastern Hiking.

 > lowlights:

Hot, humid, sticky hiking in the Whites this past July. New England was
unseasonably hot for most of the summer.   For my hiking companion, it
was also her first hike in the Whites. Cutting my backpacking teeth in
the Whites, a day hike on the Franconia ridge seemed an average day.
However, for someone used to the flatlands (and just recovering from a
bout of mono from earlier in the year), it was not fun. A big DOH..WHAT A
DUMMY YOU ARE PAUL on my part....  But she is a trooper, did not let on
how hard it was for her until we got back to camp..  Still, we both
agreed it was  hiking, so it still better than say, a cruise! :-)  (We
then went back to Rhode Island a couple of days later and had a much
easier hike in the local state forest...total elevation gain of of 200
ft!)

 > 2) What are your hiking goals for 2000?

Vague and undefined!

 > 3) What are some highlights and lowlights of the at-l from 1999?

See number two. :-)

 > 4) What would you wish to the list be for 2000?

see number three! :-)