Re: [at-l] Poncho's

Paula,

Got the backpacker poncho from Campmor about six months ago.  I had to use
it for the first time about three weeks ago on a section hike in PA.  Even
though I religiously keep it in the top of my Lowe-Alpine, the downburst was
sudden, and November's canopy didn't allow me much time to waste.

Inadvertantly, I somehow protected my pack from becoming drenched with a
lucky flip of that extra material that's  there to cover both me and my
pack.  Had I actually unfolded and tested the thing before necessity causes
me to have to figure out the snaps while it was still daylight, perhaps I'd
be more critical of it.

It doesn't breathe, and, as with any poncho, the arms are exposed at the
slightest "itch".  But my sleeping bag, clothes, as well as the rest of the
gear, were dry as a bone.  Just don't get cocky, like a certain nameless,
stoooopid fool, and wait until necessity tells you to try it for the first
time......

BTW, it IS boring.  It's appearance can be summed up in three words.....
"It's Just GREEN".

Packer
backpack@epix.net