Re: [at-l] Hanging Food - I'm a spaz.

In a message dated 12/14/99 7:21:36 PM US Eastern Standard Time, someone
writes:

<< I brought it in my tent with me
 in the North. I hung it in shelters when I could (even when tenting nearby) -
 simply because other people had food there too - and often their food bags
were
 less stout than mine and they would feed the mice, not me :). >>

Three cheers for some self-centered, terrible advice!

If you're not responsible enough for your own food, why leave it over others
heads?  So someone can watch the mouse slide off your food bag and on to
them?

Shelters are built to accommodate so many people, not, so many people and
some of the tenters food bags and miscellaneous gear (packs, smelly socks,
etc.). I've seen it and I think it's rude.   If ones food bag is so
structually strong and odor proof, why not just keep it with you?

Next time I see this, I'm inclined to hang my food bag over their tent (maybe
toss an empty tuna can that way). I wonder how that would go over with them?

I tried to resist, but couldn't, Sly