[at-l] bear bagging

let me know if anyone bearbagged on the AT i certainly did not it was way to
much effort, having done the pct earlier and only bear bagging twice and one
time the bear went up there and got my food (what a pain) so over the two
trails i bear bagged twice and lost my food once so about 50 percent of the
time i lost my food as opposed to 0 percent of the time keeping the stupid
(yet very necessary ) food in the tent. i did have a bear lick my cup that i
left out ( i then boiled it the next day ), and a coyote ate my leftover
food in my pot but that was my fault i was lazy and it was pouring
buckets...

the two times i did bearbag were in yosemite and i would recommend it in a
national park were the bears are used to hikers but otherwise i have not had
any problems with bears maybe im just lucky...

anyhow  hoops signing off

visit us at:
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Cove/9564/