Re: [at-l] National Dance Institute responds...

Well said!
If anyone should give to the ATC. Then that guy that takes people, for a FEE,
on surported hikes on the AT should.

Wildbill

In a message dated 12/9/99 10:30:05 AM EDT, tmcginnis@ucclan.state.in.us
writes:

<< So is this our latest form of bigotry?
 None before has ever been held to having to support the AT or the ATC during
their throughhikes, whether for charitable promotion or not.

 Guess I'm glad none of those who've run across the country for charity were
also obligated to work on the highway system.

 If hiking on the trail, or writing of the trail, or granting an interview
after your throughhike, or mentioning the trail at the next meeting of your
local club, or happening to talk to the people feeding you a spare sandwich
in the parking lot at the road crossing about the wonders of throughhiking
EVER carried an automatic obligation.........

 We might as well put up gates and declare "None May Enter Who're Not Holier
Than Me."

 I get it. Not pretty.
 Sloetoe