Re: [at-l] Route 60 - Reeds Gap

"FERGUSON J. MARK ... INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY" wrote:

> As an alternative, you might consider going in at the Montebello fish hatchery.  It will add a few miles to the northbound section (and of course subtract from the southbound, right Felix?).

In theory, yes. That depends on WHEN the hike occurs. If it is in the winter, it will be shorter for a southbound hike. This is because the sun is in the southern Hemisphere, and gravity is pulling a wee bit harder to the south. With the moon pushing a little less toward the surface of the Earth (because of the increase of reverse-barometric pressures) it is also
easier to hike as there is less friction on the foot-to-Earth contact points. This is interesting because it drums up memories of the time I was clearing fencerows along the property line between me and the Shacklefords. Seems the old property line was supposed to run through the center of a Cherry tree, the diameter not exceeding 14 inches. What this meant was
that we always had to cut down Cherry trees before they reached 14 inch diameters. Well, we started to run low on 'little' Cherry trees. So, I decided that I'd start whittling the outside of the trees, keeping them at 14 inches. This seemed easy enough for a young buck-stud like myself. (Young buck-studliness runs in my family, on my mom's side.) Every morning I'd
go out with my hatchet and adze and ruler. This went on for years, I say. Then one day old man Shackleford brought the deed out and showed me something that was very interesting. Somehow, we had sold the whole damned place to him for two gallons of moonshine and one-legged chicken. That chicken was named Monty Bellow. And, now you know the rest of the story.

(I'll bet you didn't think you'd see the word 'adze' in an e-mail today. Did you?)

--
Felix Navidad

ME-->GA 98
"Your Move"