[at-l] Route 60 - Reeds Gap

About two weeks ago, Rain Dancer and I section hiked from Rt311 to Rockfish
Gap. We had to skip Rt60 to Reeds Gap because we couldn't get our cars up
Crabtree Farm Road (VA 826). We tried. I drove my Ford Taurus through three
active streams and bottomed out repeatedly to the point where I was concerned
that I might lose the oil plug. I finally gave up. I tried to hire someone in
Montebello to drive us up there, actually not a great distance, but everyone
was caught up in deer hunting.

I'm hoping someone on the list will be able to direct me to someone who has a
pickup truck or van who can drive us from Montebello to where VA826
intersects the trail. We'll need rides very early in the morning and we'll
need rides two consecutive mornings. Our plan is to hike from 826 south to VA
60 one day and 826 north to Reeds Gap the next.

I think we'll probably get to this again at the end of January or early
February if the weather cooperates.

If anyone can help, I surely would appreciate it. Thanks.

Springfever