Re: Do you fold, roll or stuff? Was [at-l] I got rain

In a message dated 11/29/99 8:02:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
unclemilt@backcountry.net writes:

<< So, I thought a quick poll would be interesting. >

For years I used to use a combination of folding and rolling, when stowing my
Eureka Timberline.  By folding in thirds, then rolling with the tent fly (odd
shaped and not readily foldable) around the pole bag, I used to be able to
pull the tent out of the stuff sack, hold the loose edge and toss the rest.
It would unroll neatly with the ground sheet all in place and the fly on the
top.  The pole bag and stakes would be resting in front of the front door
after this operation, all ready for the rest of setup.

Now, I'm a confirmed stuffer.

Snail Male   (Pete Wells)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece,
but to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out,
shouting "GERONIMO".