[at-l] Maine

 Maine was my favorite state on the AT. Simply beautiful. Sure, parts of
it had more PUDS then I care to imagine (the previously mentioned
Crocker!), but rather dwell on the hard climbs with no views, I would
rather think of a campsite by Jo-Mary lake,  or early morning on  Avery
peak. Seeing Katahdin from Abol Bridge, knowing that the following
morning, a dream will be coming true.  The positive experiences more than
outweight the grumblings I had while hiking the trail.

Mags

(and I am really looking forward to going southbound next year when I
re-do the AT in Maine..and NH, too.)