[at-l] The Call of Thanksgiving

     Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep.
     I'd tried counting backwards, I'd tried counting sheep.
     But the leftovers beckoned --
     The dark meat and white,
     I fought the temptation
     with all of my might.

     Tossing and turning with anticipation,
     The thought of a snack became infatuation.
     So I raced to the kitchen,
     Flung open the door
     And gazed at the fridge
     full of goodies galore.

     I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
     Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
     I felt myself swelling
     so plump and so round,
     Till all of a sudden,
     I rose off the ground!

     I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky --
     With a mouthful of pudding, and a handful of pie.
     But I managed to yell,
     As I soared o'er the trees:
     "Happy Eating to All!
     Pass the cranberries, Please!"