Re: [at-l] ECDT...

In a message dated 11/19/99 9:24:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hike-usa@email.msn.com writes:

<< designed from the
 outset to embrace ALL groups - wheelchairs, walkers, runners, hikers,
 bicyclers, roller skaters/bladers/boarders, and maybe even horses >>

Well intentioned, but naive.  Have you ever been on a so called "bike path?"
You take your life in your own hands to try and bicycle on one here in NH, as
pedestrians stroll along on one side of the path with their leashed puppy
sniffing the bushes on the other side.  In line skaters barrel down the
middle, alternately striding from one side to the other.  Now you want to add
skate boards and horses too.  Pretty soon, we'd all become wheelchair users
of such a path.  Thanks, but I'd rather take my chances bicylcing down Rt 95.

Snail Male   (Pete Wells)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece,
but to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out,
shouting "GERONIMO".