Re: [at-l] Hike the Approach Trail!

kkupersmith@thor24.com writes:

<< I don't think I'd have time to get to a shelter before nightfall if I
 took the approach trail. Is this good reasoning? >>

There is a shelter right behind the Visitor Center at Amicalola Falls State
Park. It's on the left as you pass under the stone archway.  This arch marks
the beginning of the approach trail for Northbounders.   Stay there for the
night if you're arriving late afternoon.  Then the next morning start up the
approach trail to Springer.

Don't wait 22 years to go back and do it as I did last March. A couple of
folks I was with thought I was crazy to do it in the freezing drizzle.
Branchcicles littered the trail.  It was magical.   :-)
Cin