[at-l] Re: at-l-digest V1 #1355

"L. Parker" <lparker@cacaphony.net> wrote:
[clip]
> Funny, that you should pick that one, I actually like the shaker jet for
> that exact reason, to fix it, you just shake it - it fits my get a bigger
> hammer mentality just fine!
[clip]

I saw one of these fail so that the shaker didn't shake. No one had the tools to
take it apart and the jet was completely jammed and so useless. There was
another hiker with us with plenty of fuel and the will to cook this guys meals
for the next three days, so he did not have to resort to cooking on a fire. I
was not around in town when he fixed it so I'm not sure what the actual problem was.

Most thru-hikers don't seem to posess fire building skills anyway it seems. I
saw more than one try to start a fire by pouring fuel on wet wood and throwing a
match at the pile. Entertaining anyway.

-Paddler