Re: [at-l]road signs and transportation

On 11/5/99 1:08 PM Cora Drake cora_drake@hotmail.com wrote:

>Not exactly on-thread, but has anyone else ever wished that, when you
>crossed a road on the AT, the sign told you what road it was rather than
>telling you you were -- as you already knew --- on the AT?

Yes. Also, a note on the sign saying which way to turn and about how far
to walk for the trail on the other side wouldn't hurt.  Sure it is
mentioned in the handbook, but the extra reminder is worthwhile and
sometimes those things are hard to spot.

On a different note: one real nice thing in the NJ/NY guide book is that
they discuss trail accessability via public transportation (bus/train). I
wish other books would do that. Now, I know in a lot of places such
access probably just does not exist, but if it does I'd like to see
mention of it in the book.

  ** Ken **

**        krk@home.msen.com           http://home.msen.com/~krk     **