Re: [at-l] Isn't it ironic??

On 11/5/99 1:47 PM KCF wareagle@ioa.com wrote:

>Now,,,where have I heard that saying before? Oh,,,yeah,,,in using of guns,
>umbrellas, cell phones, drinking, eating meat, religion, etc,,,,(is this
>considered a "troll?")  did I use the correct punctuation? KC

Well the troll would be someone who is just ositng to irritate and has a
record of doing such things. Oh, other times the term might be applied
would be if a person posts a message extolling the virtues (or vices) or
some great new gizmo that never has, and probably never will, exist. To
some degree people who continually post things like the Ms. Fields Cookie
story or similar Internet hoaxes also fall into the category (some get
some slack if it is clear they mean well, but if a message is all quote
that is probably not the case).

I don't think my initial "isn't it ironic" reply would make me a troll.
Besides, my passport picture doesn't look even remotely troll-like...:)

Oh and yes, you certainly have come across that saying before. But, hey,
people seem to forget that particular truism an awful lot....

  ** Ken **

**        krk@home.msen.com           http://home.msen.com/~krk     **