Re: [at-l] Thru-hiking Guides

At 05:06 PM 11/4/99 -0500, Kenneth R. Knight wrote:
>For those of you who have purchased many of the handbooks by WF (I just
>have the '99 and have skimmed the '98) how much do they change from year
>to year? I imagine a trail re-location would be a substantial change, but
>what about those section that stay the same year after year?

I've never seen any mention of the 'other' books for thru-hikers on this
list. You know, the ones the ATC puts out (Thru-hikers Companion, A.T. Data
Book & The A.T. Workbook for Planning Thru-hikes). Has anyone used them?
They sound good from the ATC brochure descriptions and (as far as I can
tell) they come out on time. Opinions please.

Now having asked my question thereby contributing positively to _The List_
I shall retire to enjoy my birthday gift from my wonderful daughter who,
with only slight prompting from me, gave me "Five Million Steps". Ta Ta
(that's AT, AT backwards to y'all).

Saunterer