Re: [at-l] Important announcement from the Pea & Lentil Council

In a message dated 11/4/99 6:51:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lwbooher@evansville.net writes:

> This brings up a question that I've had.  If I break up dried beans before I
>  leave home, you know, like make each regular Navy bean 6 pieces, will they
>  soak and cook up OK on the trail.  I thought breaking them up would make
>  them soak better and cook faster, but I'm afraid of the end result---mush?
>  Leslie

You need to go down to your local pharmacy and buy yourself one of those pill
splitters.  Then, you could simply separate the halves of the bean, and place
the individual halves in the pill splitter.  Pop! and you have yourself two
perfect bean quarters, that is, if you were careful enough when you put it in
the pill splitter.  Then, heck, I bet it wouldn't take more'n  a couple
hours, and you'd have yourself enough for a meal.   Then, on the trail, you'd
have even more fun:

"Damn, Leslie, how'd you get them beans looking like that?  Hey, Joe! Come
over here and look at Leslie's beans.  Just look at them.  I ain't never seen
nothin like it."

"Whooowhee, would ya jest look at that!"  "That reminds me.  Bob, you feed
them dogs 'fore we left?"

       ()
       /\
      /  \