Re: [at-l] The latest Wingfoor rants

At 02:11 PM 11/3/99 PST, Jack Tarlin wrote:

>      All right, folks, here goes:
>

>           The most recent spate of anti-Wingfoot whines is getting a bit
>ridiculous, folks, and it does this list no credit---just the
>opposite.

Rants? Someone suggested we give the Ruck money to WF and several people
disagreed and stated their reasons for objecting to the suggestion. We've
had some rants in the past but the recent discussion was distinctly un-rant
like in my opinion. When someone suggested we give the money to The Place
rather than ATC and stated why they thought we should do that did you think
that was a rant against the ATC?

I know that to some WF is a demigod but frankly I don't share that opinion.
I was on ATML for a year and got off because I felt like I was being
preached at. If I didn't do it the official Trailplace way I was going to
hell and taking the AT with me. At the time I was there it felt like it was
becoming a cult. I don't go there anymore. I don't plan to buy his guide. I
don't intend to give him any donations and if the Ruck money were going to
WF I would send my money directly to The Place instead even though I'd be
left out of the raffles. That's not a rant, it a statement of fact.

What 'some people' who aren't on this list think about AT-L as about as
relevant to me as the opinion of someone living on Mars.

Saunterer