[at-l] South Bound

OK,,,Amazon and I have decided that we are going to through hike leaving Katahdin June 21, 2201 (Summer Solstice). OK people,,,any advice? We are going to change a few things that we did from this year,,,like,,,mail drops only for fuel (esbit) few and far between they will be. We are thinking of going with a tent fly and poles set up (no tent body),,does anyone have experience with this kind of set up? We are going to "play things by ear" more,,,bring way more money and I am going to wear Gortex Boots! Another thing I am going to work on,,,I need a much lighter pack,,I have my pack weight down to 15 pounds and the pack weighs 5 pounds? I do NEED a pack that has a hip belt,,,I tried one without and it killed my back,,,any suggestions? Thanks in advance all! I'm getting excited about this hike again! KC