Subject: Re: [at-l] Traveling by Amtrak
Author:  CWells4638@aol.com at ima
Date:    10/29/99 9:05 AM

In a message dated 10/29/99 7:59:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
JoelShiver@aol.com writes:

<< I realize that Amtrak doesn't stop in Maine, but it passes near enough
there. >>

But since it goes to Quebec, that should be enough.  I can recommend the book
ARUNDEL, by Kenneth Roberts for a great description of the trail betwen
Quebec and the upper Kennebec River laid out by General Arnold a few years
back, when he took that historic winter stroll without benefit of fleece
clothing.  I can't however vouch for the trail maintenance since that time.

Snail Male