Re: [at-l] More Freebie Links

In a message dated 10/25/99 4:29:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kkupersmith@thor24.com writes:

<< Redhead started giving cool links to places that you could get
free/discounted
 hiking gear, and I appreciated them, and checked them out / used the deals.

I must admit I started it.  I didn't think of it as spamming or commercials
(and went out of my way, humorously I thought, to make sure it was understood
I wasn't a commercial for any of these places, and if it resulted in that, I
am sorry.  It just so happens that I've found a lot of great offers on the
'net lately, and wanted to share them.  I just bought a backpack (a smaller,
2200 cu in) that listed for 100 at Jansport, for $32, and that included
shipping and handling.  Every internet place I've dealt with so far has been
on the up and up, and I just wanted some others to share in the few deals
I've found dealing with hiking.  One of them was for 20% off REI, and I know
that many of us buy from there.  If it is a problem to have these deals
posted here, I won't do it anymore.  But if anyone else would like to know
about the deals I've found, and continue to find daily, let me know.  Because
so far I've spent about 100 bucks for about 600 worth of christmas presents -
the 'net is hot right now, and paying people to buy there - it won't last
long, but while it does, there is money to be saved.  I just wanted to pass
that on.  And when it comes to cheap gear - well - that's always a good
thing, right?  I know at least one person :) who followed my ben and jerrys
link and found a coupon for a free PINT of it, not just a free scoop.  What's
wrong with that??

The Redhead