[at-l] Sinking Creek Mountain

Forwarded to:      ismtp[at-l@backcountry.net]
          cc:
Comments by:       Fred Kirch@Clerks@CCP_NCC
Comments:

Felix describes the mounds as looking like small fortresses and that's
exactly what they look like. They also look like they could have served as
bake ovens which would be very unlikely considering the location.

My speculation is they had to do with the Civil War. That mountain is well
located with clear views of the valleys and mountains around it. The ridge
could very easily be defended. I think the mounds were part of a signal
system; probably places where fires were lighted at night to communicate.

It's interesting that thousands of people have walked by these things
apparently without asking what they were.

Thanks to those who responded.

Springfever