[at-l] Sinking Creek Mountain

While crossing the ridge on top of Sinking Creek Mountain last Sunday, I saw
what appeared to be piles of stones about three feet high on both sides of
the trail. However, it was clear that the stones had been set in place not
merely piled on top of each other. There were probably about eight or ten
mounds on each side of the ridge, which is quite narrow at that point.

Can anyone out there give me an explanation of this interesting site.

Thanks.

Springfever